The Academy of Management GDO Division is currently inviting nominations for the 2016 Saroj Parasuraman Award for the Outstanding Publication on Gender and Diversity. This annual award, honoring Saroj Parasuraman, is given to the author(s) of the publication in a refereed journal judged to have the highest potential to significantly impact our understanding of gender and diversity within organizations.
Only publications with a 2016 publication date will be considered. Publications having multiple authors are acceptable. The year of publication is considered to be the year in which the final published manuscript appeared in either electronic or print version. Articles must have a DOI to be eligible. In press articles are not eligible.
Criteria for evaluation of publications include:
· the degree to which the research addresses a phenomenon that is of significance to research in gender and diversity
· the potential impact or significance of the publication on gender and diversity in organizations
· the degree to which the research displays technical adequacy, including issues of internal validity, external validity, appropriate methodology, appropriate statistical analysis, and comprehensiveness of review (if the publication is a literature review).
Nominations may be made by any member of the Academy of Management and self-nominations are welcome. The Award Subcommittee may also generate nominations. Those evaluating the publications will be blind to the source of the nomination.
Nominations must be submitted via e-mail by March 15, 2017. Publications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the GDO division, consisting of at least 3 members. The subcommittee will make a recommendation to the Executive Committee about the award-winning publication and, if appropriate, a publication deserving honorable mention status. The Executive Committee may either endorse or reject the recommendations of the subcommittee but may not substitute a nominee of its own. In the absence of a publication that is deemed deserving of the award by both the Awards Subcommittee and the Executive Committee, the award may be withheld.
Please send nominations by e-mail to email@example.com, David Baldridge Parasuraman Award Committee Chair.
With your nomination, please include:
· a complete citation for the article
· a brief (1-2 sentences) statement indicating why you believe it is deserving of the award
· a pdf version of the nominated article
· and confirm that you (the nominator) are a current member of the Academy of Management
We look forward to your nominations!